Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking the antibiotic Keflex (500 mg) for 14 days will this affect my birth control?

I have be prescribed to take Keflex 4 times a year for 14 days. I am also on birth control (Yasmin). Will this anitbiotic affect my birth control? And if it does how long should I wait to hold any sexual relations when I do finish my Keflex?
If no one know does anyone know where I can find out this information online? (My doctors bureau is closed today or I would have called)
Thanks everyone!
Thanks!
Generally, antibiotics will decline the effectiveness of birth control. You can name your local pharmacy for more information.
Heide is correct, usually antibiotics reduce the efficency of birth control. Call your pharmacy (or any pharmacy) and ask to speak near the pharmacist. Ask them, they will be able to report you.
medicine and form guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only counsel or treatment for any medical conditions.


Related Questions and Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment